Restoration begins in the heart, extends to the family and seeks to infiltrate the world!
Friday, August 17, 2012
Day 6 My Sponsored Child Erika- Jodi's Story
"I let the tears flow freely as I watched Jodi meet her sponsored child Erika. Could my heart get any larger? -Lisa
To meet Erika for the first time on her birthday was simply a magical moment for us both. Although she came out in a gift box during their service as they introduced us, I cried for joy as she truly is a gift to the world. Being a part of Child sponsorship and making a difference in their lives is a tangible way to let these precious children know how valuable they are to God. We are blessed to be a blessing, but their influence in our lives likewise blesses us. It changes us from the inside out. My mothering heart expanded once again:)
Having the opportunity to visit Erika at her home with her sister, mom and grandma was so special! Although I didn't get to meet her dad, I was just awestruck by the mother's hard work and determination displayed to care for her family with so little. Although it was Erika's special day, her mother gave me a gift: a photo of her baby girl- the only one hanging on her cement wall in their jungle home. She said, (with the help of our interpreter): "any woman who would love her own child as this is a woman she can call family." Through her love, I felt God's arm of loving embrace. It truly is better to give them to receive! "As a mother comforts a child, so too shall I comfort you.." Isaiah 66:13 NIV
Dear God, I praise You for Your "Father Heart" that seeks to protect and provide. Give us a heart like yours and hands to express this and walk in obedience to the many needs in our own homes, communities and hurting people across the nations! I also ask that you teach us about your "mothering ways"... One that nurtures and cares gently for Your creation, who you ache to call them your own as family. Thank you for this opportunity to partner with Compassion and help release children from poverty in Jesus name!
No comments:
Post a Comment