Monday, August 13, 2012

Day 2 Grocery Shopping!

"Things that we take for granted, like a weekly shopping trip is a miracle for a family in El Salvador. It was humbling and such a blessing to be part of a shopping trip that would provide food hampers for 12 families that we would deliver during our stay. " -Maureen


"We have so much....we have so much.....we have so much!'  These words went over and over in my mind as we walked through the aisles of the store. I've never spent an hour in a Walmart anywhere enjoying myself as much as I did on this afternoon! We were not filling our carts with whatever our eyes and mind desired...much thought and preparation went into this grocery shopping list. This list needed to be planned with great care, knowing what food would last in the conditions they would be stored in. We were going to be bringing a bag of groceries to 12 homes and it would provide them with food for a month. I had never done this before. It was extremely humbling... Lord forgive me when I've wasted food, time and money and help me to be more careful in my grocery shopping when I return home.What a blessing this was! How warm my heart was! How overwhelmed I felt when the reality of what we were doing set in! Father, I need to be more grateful for what I have and not to take it for granted in any way whatsoever!!  Oh what a blessing this was indeed!"- Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment